Requirements for Physicians Requesting a Statement
of Need from the Saudi Health Mission*
Email documents to SON@shm-us.org
*Please note, the Saudi Health Mission issues the Statement of Need to Saudi Nationals.
Before the Statement of Need can be issued direct to ECFMG, please email the following documents:
- Write a letter addressed to the Saudi Health Attaché, Dr. Fahad AlTamimi, with the following points:
- Requesting a “Statement of Need”;
- State your specialty EXACTLY as ECFMG have given;
- Assurance that you will return to Saudi Arabia after completing your training;
- Hand sign your letter and write your ECFMG number below your signature;
- The letter should be in English and notarized for the authenticity of your own signature. The letter can be notarized from your bank, financial sponsor or a notary in your state.
- Copy of the signed letter or contract of confirmation of residency from the U.S. hospital or institution;
- Copy of passport (picture page only).
- The CURRENT letter from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) to confirm your financial sponsorship. Or,
- Proof of Ministry of Health employment; This proof can be that you are a Ministry of Health employee by providing a copy of the ID card, or,
- Provide a CURRENT copy of the letter that you received from the government regarding your scholarship in the U.S
- Copy of a CURRENT national ID card.