Requirements for Physicians Requesting a Statement
of Need from the Saudi Health Mission*
*Please note, the Saudi Health Mission issues the Statement of Need to Saudi Nationals.
Before the Statement of Need can be issued direct to ECFMG, please email the following documents :
- Write a letter addressed to the Saudi Health Attaché, Dr. Fahad AlTamimi, with the following points:
- Requesting a “Statement of Need”;
- State your specialty as ECFMG have given;
- Assurance that you will return to Saudi Arabia after completing your training;
- Hand sign your letter and write your ECFMG number below your signature;
- The letter should be in English and notarized for authenticity of your own signature. The letter can be notarized from your bank or a notary in your state.
- Copy of the letter of confirmation of residency from the U.S. hospital or institution;
- Copy of passport (picture page only).
- Letter from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) to confirm your financial sponsorship. Or,
- Proof of Ministry of Health employment; This proof can be that you are a Ministry of Health employee by providing a copy of the ID card, or,
- Provide a copy of the letter that you received from the government regarding your scholarship in the U.S.
- Copy of a current (not expired) National ID card.