- Notarized, brief letter addressed to the Saudi Health Attaché to USA & Canada which states that you will be returning to Saudi Arabia upon completion of your medical training in the U.S.
When applying for a statement of need, you must submit all the required documentation in order to process your request in a timely manner, please ensure that the following documents are included:
The letter must include the following information and in English:
- Your ECFMG number,
- State the EXACT training specialty that ECFMG has confirmed and documented,
- You must sign your letter;
- The letter must also be stamped and signed by a Notary Public
- Copy of Saudi Passport (picture & current visa page)
- Copy of Saudi National ID
- Valid Internship Acceptance letter from the training hospital in the U.S.
- Valid sponsorship letter from SACM or Saudi government entity (must include physician specialty).
- For doctors transferring from Canada, submit a financial sponsorship certificate from the Saudi Cultural Attaché, SACM / Canada regarding your transfer to a U.S. hospital.
- For self-sponsored Saudi doctors, please mention on the notarized letter (#1) addressed to the Attaché that you are self-sponsored.
Send your documents and request to SON@shm-us.org And if you have any question you may contact Haque@shm-us.org
Note: The process of SON request (if all requirements are met) is 10 business days.